Monday, September 19, 2016

"No-flour" Banana Bread........for Steve

I read a post from my friend Steve, talking about people not reading the instructions when using new stuff or even in recipes.  His comment was about a Banana Bread Recipe that he had printed and read a review, where someone asked if it had flour in it......Steve said he looked at his printed copy and it said flour and how much to use.

Started me thinking about my favorite recipe for this bread and it doesn't use flour, it uses baking mix.  It's got such a good taste and it's made in one bowl.

Here you go Steve, now you actually have one, that doesn't use flour.....

Baking Mix Banana Nut Bread 

1-1/3 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 2 large - I usually use 3)
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
3 tbs. vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
2-2/3 cups baking mix
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

1.  Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease bottom of a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.

2.  Stir bananas, sugar, milk, oil, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl.  Stir in baking mix and nuts.  Pour into prepared loaf pan.

3.  Bake 50 to 60 mins. or until toothpick inserted in center, comes out clean; cool 10 mins.  Loosen sides of loaf pan; remove from pan and place top side up on wire cooling rack.  Cool completely.  

This freezes really well.
Also, as you can see, I used parchment paper to line the loaf pan.  Outside might not be pretty, but so much easier to remove and less cleanup.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sheila - Makes me feel SPECIAL! lol I'll keep this one for sure.

    ReplyDelete