Thursday, June 9, 2016

A steak recipe which will make a non-steak eater, a steak eater!!

When my Jim was still alive, he was a big steak eater.  I would grill just about every weekend, rain or shine.  I on the other hand, was not.  I would eat my tator and about 1/4 of the steak.

Now, every once in awhile, I actually get a taste for MEAT.  I have a George Foreman Evolve Grill (indoor/counter top), which I really like, but don't always want to drag it out of the cabinet.  Found this recipe for steak and it is scrumptious!!  Have made it 3 or 4 times now and it has never failed to come out like I want.

It's called the "Perfect Bone-In Ribeye".  The original recipe calls for a 22 oz steak......gotta' be hungry to eat that much!!  I usually get a Ribeye that's about a pound and cut it in half, then vacuum seal it and then freeze for another meal.


22 oz. bone-in Ribeye Steak
1 tbsp. EVOO or vegetable oil
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. seasoned salt
1 tbsp. cracked black pepper

1.  Pre-heat the oven to 275F (135C).
2.  Remove steak from fridge.  Season with the garlic, salt and pepper.  Let set until it reaches room temperature.  Yes dear readers, I am a firm believer in not cooking something straight from the fridge.
3.  Drizzle oil on steak and a little in a very hot pan......use a stainless steel one or one that is oven proof.  Place steak in hot pan and sear on all sides.
4.  Put in oven and finish off, by baking for about 1 hr. for well, 45 mins. for med. and 30 mins. for med. rare.  The size of steak you are using, will of course, determine the amount of time.  For my little 8 ouncer, I bake it for about 15 - 20 mins.
5.  Remove from oven, cover with foil and let rest for about 8-10 mins.



Well, I'm pretty well caught up.  Made good progress, don't you think??  Have thoughts on something else, but need to wrap my mind around it, before I get started.

As always, hugs and sloppy nose kisses from me and the Cos.  PEACE, dear readers.   
.

No comments:

Post a Comment