Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Taco Mac, where everyone knows your name....a dedication from me to the staff of the Stockbridge Taco Mac

Morning dear readers.  This entry was originally about my favorite Christmas Gift to give.....homemade baked goods.  But the more I thought about it, the more I knew what I wanted to write about.  Taco Mac.....that is, my Taco Mac in Stockbridge, GA and my friends and "family" who work there or frequent there.

To go back to 2009....I was really craving an OB Beer (it's a Korean Beer.....could get a combat bottle for 99 cents), and someone told Jim and I about this place, where you could get just about any kind of beer you wanted and it was open late.  So we went over, but alas, no OB, but the beginning of a beautiful friendship.  That was June 2009 and 7 years later and it's still my favorite place.

Being a single OLD female, I am not the type to go bar-hopping, but I can walk into "The Mac" and it's not even a second thought about doing it.  I never have to worry about getting in trouble, doing something I shouldn't or having someone act up towards me.

After Jim passed away, his son was here.  Chris made the comment about maybe I should find someplace else to go.....about the time he said that, got a couple of hugs from the staff and some of the guys sitting at the bar came over to the table and told him......don't worry about your Mom, we have her back and won't let anyone mess with her.  That, I think, convinced him, I was were I was suppose to be.  Even my daughter knows how the people there are.  She posted on FB one time, thanking them for taking care of me.  Everybody knows that Jim is still "there" watching everything that goes on......guess that's why I try to behave.

My daughter came for a visit last August and I asked where they wanted to go eat......they all wanted to go to the Mac for wings - in my humble opinion, they have the best wings around, hands down!  You would think the staff that was working had known the kids and Eric for ever.  Everyone stopped by and said hi and chatted for awhile.  One took the girls over to the games and won them a stuffed toy - which the girls gave to Grandma SheShe.   When you're there, you are family.

There are times I go and have a couple of beers.  Other times, I go have a couple of beers and treat myself to lunch.  (AGAIN) My opinion, I'm a pretty good tipper.  When the Holidays came around that first year (alone), I wanted to do something special for all of them, including the kitchen staff (Loco calls me Mama).  I knew I wasn't going to try and tip everyone, so I decided to bake.  I guess this will be the 4th or 5th year.  Last year alone, I made over 200+ cookies - PNB, sugar, choc/chip and snickerdoodles), brownies, carrot cake-cupcakes and even a batch of SOS for someone.

So, it's getting that time of year for me to start thinking about what I'm going to make this year.  What will be nice is the fact I now have a big freezer and the vacuum sealer.  I can make them up earlier than I usually do and not have to rush to get them done.

I hope my "kids" that work there know how much they all mean to me.  And, Lisa, she's one special lady!

In closing, I want to thank them for babysitting me.  I will behave so you don't have to spank my butt, for being a bad girl.....

Til next time dear readers, as always hugs and sloppy nose kisses from me and the Cos.  PEACE!!





    

No comments:

Post a Comment