Thursday, June 9, 2016

Felice's One-Man Crepe

Morning everybody.  As promised, am going to try and catch up - slowly but surely.

I was at work one night and started thinking about crepes.....guess watching Jacques Pipin making them didn't help.  Just didn't want to make a bunch, even though I knew I could vacuum seal them and then freeze.  Besides, it was going to be my first attempt at them.  So, the next morning, I started looking for a recipe, that would be easy to "cut down" for less of the finished product.  I have never been able to figure out, how to half an egg.  On one of my sites I check every now and then, a lady had a recipe for "One Man Crepe".....it's all in the name.....that's what it makes(depending on the size of the pan you use).  This is really very easy and only a few ingredients.  Thanks again Felice for sharing.  Another nice thing about this crepe recipe is that leaving out 2 ingredients - sugar and vanilla - you have a crepe for your savory recipes.  On my blog post, titled "Bon Jour" you will see a picture of both.  Hope you enjoy.





4 tbsp. all purpose flour
1 egg
4 tbsp.  milk or other liquids
1 pinch salt
1/2 tsp. sugar (omit for savory)
3 drops vanilla (omit for savory)

1.  Mix together the flour, salt and sugar.

2.  In another bowl whisk together the milk, egg and vanilla.

3.  Combine the wet ingredients with the dry, and mix well, until smooth.  Cover and let rest in refrigerator for at least 30 mins.

4.  Melt a little butter or vegetable oil in a 8" or 10" non-stick pan or crepe pan if you have one.  Swill the pan to coat the bottom.

5.  Pour batter into pre-heated pan tilting to spread batter.  If you double the recipe, I would use about 3 tbsps. of batter....if bottom is covered, you should be good to go.

6.  When top is set, flip gently with a spatula, or just use your fingers.

7.  Cook briefly and remove from pan.
 
8.  Fill with whatever you like....roll or fold.  Top with fruit, honey, maple syrup and sprinkle with powdered sugar, for a fancier look.

As always, hugs and sloppy nose kisses from me and the Cos.  PEACE, dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment