Monday, May 23, 2016

Who the Heck is Sheila "SgtB" Calnan??

I got so excited about finding a place to "bend an ear" at, I forgot to tell my readers, a little about me.

My name is Sheila. Have been cooking most of my life and just turned 67 yrs old a few weeks ago...so that's a long time.

I spent 8 years in the United States Army, serving in South Korea and in Saudi Arabia, during the first Gulf War. Before joining the Army, I owned a small bakery/café in Georgia....so I guess I hit both sides...cooking and baking.

I recently purchased a Food Saver Vacuum System. Totally love the thing. I liked mine so much, I bought my daughter one and a friend of mine one. I lost my husband/best friend back in 2012, so I have to make myself cook. I know how hard it is to cook for one - when you go from serving 1,000+ a meal, down to 2 (even though Jim ate like he was the Army), that's one of the reasons, I bought the sealer. I can cook a big batch of something and have other meals, for a later date.

Have a best friend named Cosmo.  He's a rescue mutt who has been with me for almost 9 years now.  He's a sweet boy.

Am a member of the VFW/VFWA and DAV.  Bartend part-time at my VFW Post, just to give me something to do.  Once a month a help a friend of mine (human this time :) )with her church's Feed the Hungry Program.

I'm the Mother of a wonderful daughter, who has the world's best husband - just for putting up with her - and 3 grandkids.  Alex is going to be 17 (UGH!!!) this year and 10 year old twin girls, Annie and Jenna.

Have never done a blog, so hoping some of you, will make suggestions (be kind though),  ask questions, that maybe I can talk to you about. Would like to meet some other bloggers and read what they have to say.

Hugs and sloppy nose kisses from me and the Cos.  PEACE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment